the Courier

The student voice of Calvert High School.

the Courier

the Courier

Three Valentine’s Day Date Ideas That Will Ensure Your Valentine is Tortellini In Love With You.

If there is any specific day out of the year to do a little something special for the ones around us, whether it be family, friends, or a significant other, that day is Valentine’s Day. Maryland has a great deal of cute and cozy spots to spend this Valentine’s Day, so here are some top contenders that are worth the visit. 

Founding Farmers of Montgomery County is a full-service restaurant and bar serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch. Their menu includes unique share plates like Uncle Buck’s Beignets served with raspberry, chocolate and caramel sauce and handmade pastas like their Butternut Squash Ravioli. They also offer a Valentine’s Day at Home menu, where the meal is started in the Founding Farmer’s kitchen, and packaged to be finished at home. This is a four-course dinner that can be chosen a la carte or specified to the amount of people needed to be fed. The menu ranges from Crab and Artichoke Dip served with tortilla rounds as a starter all the way to Maple-Apricot Glazed Salmon as an entree and topped with specialty valentine’s day Dark Chocolate Champagne Hearts. Online orders must be placed by Saturday, February 10 at 12 pm, and picked up February 14 between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm. 

If you are looking to spend time with the girls this Valentine’s Day season, Maryland Avenue and State Circle is hosting a Galentine’s Day in Annapolis on February 8 from 5-8 pm. This event hosts many sales, specials, snacks, and sips in shops along Maryland Avenue and State Circle. Specialty shops like Mango + Main, a global boutique selling artisan made apparel, and KA-CHUNK!! Records, an owner operated indie record shop, are all open for business. Parking is available in the Calvert Garage which is just a quick walk away and free after 6 pm. 

The National Aquarium in Baltimore is a unique date night spot, perfect to set the vibe for a night out in the city. After taking a gander around the aquarium, Toki Underground Baltimore, a Japanese restaurant and bar is only a short walk. This restaurant has 5 stars on Tripadvisor and raving reviews about their fresh food selection and fan favorite Toki Classic Ramen. Finishing off this excursion with a sweet treat from LUCKY’S on Pratt Street is the perfect way to end the night on a unique note of offering ice cream, milkshakes, and candies of the vintage variety. 

There is a location for everyone’s Valentine’s Day wishes around Maryland this year. Whether it be a cozy at home dinner experience, Galentine’s Day shopping, or a night out in the town, love is in the air, and is ready to be celebrated.